So I’m not dead.
Nor have I quit blogging. A dragon still hasn’t swept down and decimated my suburban village, I didn’t disappear into the void or get lost trying to find my way out of hallways stacked full of books.
Just thought you might like to know.
I meant to post. Regularly. Often.
I’ve been kind of zonked after my solo violin recital. And that other recital. And the orchestra recordings where I played principal second and hoped the conductor couldn’t hear my internal screams bleeding out through my eyes (for those who don’t know, this is my way of saying I loved it and can’t wait to do it again).
In other words, yes, I have been a little lazy. I like to keep myself at least 2% sane this time of year.
And it’s probably going to be a week or two before things get back to normal.
Sorry. Try being a classical musician from March-May sometime. It’s Cheshire Cat levels of mad.
In the meantime, I thought I owed you a little update. So–
- Another Honorable Mention from Writers of the Future (throws confetti in the air)! Seriously, it’s been so long since I submitted the short story (December!) I had to dig through my files to figure out what I did. Now it’s just waiting another three months for the results on the next one…
- I am reading Perelandra as an insomniac bedtime story. I might have mentioned this before, but it’s C.S. Lewis, so…deal with it. It’s going to come up a lot. I forgot how beautiful the landscape is. Seriously. Everything is gorgeous. Oranges, purples, little dragons–the first time I tried to read it and failed I was fifteen and sort of rushed past it. Now I’m gorging myself on every last scintillating detail.
- I wrote a fluff scene the other day where a few urban fantasy characters went out for ice cream for no other reason than because I wanted to and I had to fiercely struggle not to judge a character I absolutely adore because he said he wanted orange sherbet (Are you sure? You have the whole menu–?).
- I accidentally threw my music halfway across the stage during a trio performance.
- I am going to another Epic Library Book Sale for the first time since the Plague descended upon our lands. Excuse me as I go scream in utter delight.
- There are Oreos in the cookie jar. If you don’t appreciate this…I don’t understand you.
- Mentioning Oreos means I’ve most likely forgotten something important. But if I don’t post this now I’ll probably forget or will edit it to death, so just use your imagination and add another adventure to the bottom of the list. Preferably with dragons. You know how I like dragons.